Kate at Webster's Updates shared this great link party she found, and I have to join in!
Da Mainiacs hosts the "What I Don't Get Thursdays" party and I have to agree with what she says:
"Have you ever said to yourself, "What I don't get..." and then run on an tangent about that subject that you don't get? Well, I find myself doing the same thing. Often. Actually quite often. This world holds a lot to be curious about."
Yup. I am nodding to that! Without further ado, here is my addition to What I Don't Get Thursdays:
- Why is it that every time I sit down to eat, the phone rings? It's always someone important, I'm not talking about telemarketers. Same thing happens when I go to the bathroom, or when I sit down to watch a TV show I've looked forward to watching... RING! RING! I just don't get it.
- I don't get why I can't sleep more than 4 hours at a time without interruption. I don't even have kids! It's my pets, the phone (grrr), my husband (who tries not to wake me, but still), or the doorbell. I am a night owl, so my schedule is abnormal... I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised. But even when I sleep during "normal" night hours, the cat decides to jump on my head or the dogs think they hear something and bark. Why?
- I don't get why my neighbors are so interested in my comings and goings. They know more about my life than I do! Sometimes I don't go in the front yard simply because they are all outside and would mob me the moment I opened the front door. Sad, but true.
- Why can I never remember to move the last load of laundry from the washer to the dryer before it gets stinky? I hate having to re-wash - so wasteful! - but I forget almost every single time. I don't get why I do that.
- Golf. I don't get golf. I agree with Mark Twain: "Golf is a good walk spoiled."
- I don't get people who leave hateful comments on blogs. (Never happened to me, all my commenters are bundles of sunshine, sweetness, and encouragement, and I love them!) I see blog comments on other sites which are downright nasty, and it makes no sense to me. If you don't agree with the writer, fine! Say so in a constructive and kind way. If you are violently opposed to the writer's viewpoint, quit reading that blog. Why people decide to become mean trolls is beyond me.
- I don't get spending the same amount of money on a car as you would a nice house. I see a $200,000 car driving down the road and I think of what just half that money would provide for Habitats for Humanity. I know it's none of my business how people choose to (legally) spend their money, but seeing those cars always makes me a little sad.
- I don't get why it is so hard to throw trash in the trash can instead of leaving it on the kitchen counter. Why? Throw it in the can, IT IS RIGHT THERE.
- I am always losing socks. I know everyone has this problem, but I still don't get it. Where did they go? Are my dogs eating them? If the washing machine is the culprit, why aren't washing machine manufactures creating non-sock-eating washers? We got to the moon how many years ago? Seriously, what's the deal?
- Why are all the grocery lines always empty when you walk in and a mile long when you're ready to check out? Time of day seems to make no difference. I don't get it.
Want to join in? Add your thoughts to the party!